Top 10 Tips to Shop for Dresses Online
Endlessly browsing dresses online is one of life’s magnificent simple pleasures. If you are not ready to go back to stores or the lockdown has kept you stuck inside, online shopping is your resort. You can buy your desired dresses online from the comfort of your home. But before you begin shopping, always check some tips for online shopping.
Shopping online has its own benefits. It saves your precious time while providing you with a large variety of clothing. Your favorite stores are available at your fingertips. Plus, nowadays, online shopping comes with bargain options in the form of discounts.
Even if you try finding issues with online shopping, there are not many. Brands often provide a size chart, a try-on facility, or try and buy for customers. These facilities provide utmost convenience to the consumers who prefer online shopping. Prices are reasonable, the deals are delicious, and it can all be done from the comfort of your own home. However, you may face some difficulties like finding the perfect size while shopping online. Sizes usually vary from brand to brand. You may also face issues like return issue, wrong type of fabric, wrong color of the product, and so on.
That’s why we, at Shree, are here to help you. We want to make our consumers shop like a pro while shopping online with us. So, stay tuned to check these top 10 tips for online shopping and enhance your shopping skills. When you’re done reading the article, we’re sure that you’ll be confident to buy anything online like a pro!
1. Know your Measurements and Check for the Size Chart
The biggest concern in online shopping is the size, which can vary from brand to brand and even sometimes depends upon the product batch. This issue is easily navigated when you’re shopping in store by taking a quick trip to the dressing room. However, with online shopping, you don’t have that luxury.
Shree designs outfits for all body types and sizes. We believe that women of all shapes are beautiful and fabulous. As you can see in the image, the grey & orange cotton traditional dress is as perfect for a 20-year-old as it is for a 35-year-old. It’s going to grace every woman out there.
But you’re here for the tips. So, here we go.
Before you dive in, you should know that the measurements you take will be slightly different depending on the type of dress you are buying.
Here are some tips for women's dress measurements:
- Begin with the bust measurement: Place the end of the measuring tape on the front of your chest, going under your arms. Wrap the measuring tape around your back. Try to pull your arms down over the tape and take the measurement.
- Find your waist: Your natural waist is the smallest part of your waist, under your rib cage. Make sure the tape measure is flat around your body and then measure the front.
- Determine your hip measurement: Wrap the tape around your body, ensuring you go over the widest part of your buttocks too. Make sure the tape measure is flat around your body and then measure.
The secret to finding a perfect dress is understanding your body shape. So make sure, the store you are visiting online, has a size chart. Here’s an example of a sizing chart that we have here at Shree.
2. Read the Reviews
Customer reviews are the most valuable pieces of information since they give you a real perspective on the dress, you’re considering buying. Well, if a dress like the one in the image is on your mind for a long time, consider reading its review first. If it’s good, go buy it before it gets out of stock! The flared printed dress is, anyway, most loved by our customers.
Need quirky tips for online shopping? Well, here you go.
- Go for reviews with pics: Some reviews include pictures from customers. It’s like you are shopping with a friend, and a second opinion is extremely helpful.
- Scan for comments that mention about dress size & fit.
- Scan for reviews that talk about dress fabric quality.
- Scan for reviews that show the dress’ color and check if it is exactly like shown in the pictures or not.
3. Research Fabric Material
Since you can't touch the fabric, it's important to research the fabric mentioned in the product description. You often can’t distinguish what the texture of a piece is just by looking at a photo. And therefore, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the fabric content. There’s nothing worse than finally receiving that dress you’ve been eying for months, only to find that the fabric feels like sandpaper.
There are a lot of fabric options that we provide but today, we picked this gorgeous green cotton floral dress. It’s super comfortable & stylish!
We would love to tell you some tips for online shopping with regards to fabric selection. So, here you go:
- Go through your closet and find the dress that you love the most. We’re sure that you’ll find more than one dresses that you like to wear over and over. And the reason of loving a piece of clothing has always something to do with comfort. Now, make a list of all these dresses, noting the fabric type.
- Use those notes as a reference point when shopping online. For example, if most of the dresses that are in that list are made of cotton material, then that’s your fabric.
- Go for cotton-made dresses or a fabric that’s like cotton such as LIVA.
4. Check for Return Policy
This is the most important tip to keep in your mind when you’re online shopping. Sometimes the dresses you buy online may not work for you, and that’s okay if your purchase has a return policy.
At Shree, you can relax after you tap on “Place the Order” button, because no matter how unlikely it is, if you happen to not like something, you can easily return it with our policy.
Love the dress in the image? Well, who wouldn’t like a combination of black and brown in a classy dress after all! But if the size doesn’t fit you, what would you do? So, for the unforeseen event like this, be prepared to return the product by familiarizing yourself with the return policies.
Here are some more useful tips for online shopping with regards to return policies:
- Look for free returns.
- Always check return policy validity.
- While you are going through the return policy, also check the exchange policy.
At Shree, you will find it easy to return and exchange. But make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully.
5. Free Shipping
Make the ideal style statement with Shree and get your styles delivered at your doorstep for free. Don't you think the four-word letter 'free' is way too attractive and eye-catchy? We are drawn to it at an instant, especially while shopping online.
As we offer free shipping in all our products within India, you must try out some best-sellers and trend-setters from our collection. A beautiful blue poly silk floral embroidered dress with dupatta is your calling. Grab the dress today and wait for it to arrive at your doorstep without any extra charges.
Many online stores offer free shipping if you spend more than a certain amount of money. Buy the clothes you need all at once, and you won’t lose your dress on shipping costs.
Here are some free tips for online shopping:
- Many stores will provide free shipping if your order is above their standard rate.
- Online stores offer free shipping during the festive season. Keep a tab on that.
- Make sure you check if free shipping if applicable on pre-payment or COD as well. At Shree, we offer free shipping only on pre-payment.
6. Use flexible Filters
The vast number of choices in clothing available online can be overwhelming. But don’t go lost in the cluster. Many online stores provide filters that will help you narrow your search. It’s done to avoid multiples appearing in the same category. In fact, these filters help you get to what you actually want.
The attractive, teal-colored dress with a stylist-printed cape, that you see in the image is a one-of-a-kind dress. We have narrowed this unique search just for you. Similarly, while shopping online, always question yourself while filtering your options. If you discover something you like but already own something similar, question yourself: Do I like this version better?
We have filtered some tips for online shopping just for you. Here you go:
- Narrow your search by size.
- Think about the color that you don’t have, or the one that you have the least in your wardrobe. Choose that specific color.
- Pick the silhouette and style that suits your body type the best.
- Needless to mention, check the rate. If it’s not on your budget, let it wait in your wish list until it comes under the discount section.
- Check products that have discounts. You might like something from the lot.
- Don’t forget to check the fabric before buying.
And the list will go on and on!
7. Save your Precious Time to Ship
Isn't it the whole reason that you are doing online shopping? Of course, it is! So, it's better you give a second glance at the shipment day of your order.
At Shree, the estimated delivery time is around 3-5 business days/unlock days within India. And dresses like this pink fit & flared printed dress are worth the wait.
It could take about three weeks for the clothes you order to reach you — longer if you’re shopping internationally. So, here are some time-saving tips for online shopping:
- Some online stores provide a delivery time filter. They let you choose outfits that can be delivered faster.
- Check for premium shipping offer; maybe that way you can get your favorite dress home early.
8. Keep a Track
Keep a list of online brands you shopped with, making note of the sizes you ordered and how they fit. This will make future purchases a whole lot easier. Not only will you have a record of brands you love, but you’ll have to cut out the surmise surrounding how their items run.
Nevertheless, you can add this cool brown cotton zig-zag dress to your cart and have fun with fashion for a while.
This might be the last track to follow your tips for online shopping:
- Add a perfectly fitting outfit to your wishlist.
- Note your older purchased dresses from the history, and use the references to shop.
9. Start Adding to your Cart, Then Edit
To avoid buying things you’ll regret later, ask yourself if it’s something you need, can wear with other items in your closet, and would wear for sure. If you’re shopping at an online clothing store, add all the items you fancy to your shopping cart. Then edit down your selections from there.
By bringing many items together, you’ll be better able to examine them and decide which ones you like. There are bound to be items that don’t work out and other clothes that surprise you. By editing out a little, you can find hidden gems. Those are some essential tips for online shopping that will help you edit out stuff that you don’t truly need.
Here we have some more quick and crisp tips for online shopping:
- Choose an outfit that comes with a paired piece of cloth. For example, this elegant off-white & mustard rayon floral dress comes styled with a scarf. It saves up your money that you’ll later spend on buying pairings of your dress.
- Keep a check on what type of outfit you already have. There’s a high probability that you end up liking outfits that are already lying in your wardrobe.
Now you know what to do while shopping online. Want some tips for online shopping that will help you surf through the websites or give you a head-start? Well, move on to the next point.
10. Prepare a List of Clothes you Already Own
When considering buying a new item of cloth, make a mental list of the pieces from your closet that you’ll be able to pair it with. Unless you’re building a brand-new wardrobe from scratch, you’ll probably want this new piece to play well with several items you already own.
For instance, you can add this gorgeous navy blue poly-silk embroidery dress if you already have a scarf that goes well with it. Or perhaps, a pair of black heels!
Of course, there are many exceptions—statement pieces that work all on their own or clothes for special occasions. When you get it delivered home, try on the piece with your other clothing. If it doesn’t work, you can always return it or keep it as a stand-alone garment.
Shopping Online for clothes is a skill that you can master with practice. Well, with these tips for online shopping, we hope to make your task a bit easier. So, what are you waiting for? Use those tips and add a masterpiece to your wardrobe. Be the spotlight of this fashion runway world.